Saturday, June 18, 2016

Zootopia Birthday Bash!

Hey guys, I'm going to do a little review of a birthday party I just threw for my daughter! We did a Zootopia theme, which is actually really hard to get ideas for since it's still really new. I spent about two months trying to figure out what on earth I was going to do to make this an amazing birthday! It would be my daughters first party that had friends and not just family so I had to make it right! So one day after three cups of coffee I finally figured out what I wanted to do. I sat down and sketched out everything that I was going to make and where it was going to go.

I knew I had a pretty tight budget to go on. I didn't want to spend an arm and a leg for a 6th birthday party but I wanted to do something really cute and special. Most of her decorations ended up being DIY. But it didn't end up tacky like I thought it would. My daughter ended up staying a night with her grandparents the night before so me and my husband could finish up birthday shopping for her birthday, also it was a surprise party so she couldn't be home when I did eveyrthing.


The "pawcicle" chocolates are really easy and super cute to have. Just buy a paw mold (I got mine off of wish), buy white chocolate, and buy red food coloring. Melt the chocolate, add in the food coloring, let it cool for a little bit the fill the molds with the not so hot melted chocolate. Let it sit til cooled and your done! I made these while she was home cleaning her playroom before going to her grandparents house. She never even noticed me (thank goodness).   


The treat bags are really simple, I made a header for them off of Google Drawings, Copied a few coloring pages from a Zootopia coloring book that my daughter already had, stapled a zip-lock bag in between the header and the coloring pages then filled it with the chocolate "pawcicles" that I made and then it's done!


The cake was made by an amazing baker. She did such an amazing job and worked with my budget well. I sent to her what I wanted and she made it happen no problem. I had to drive about an hour out of my town on the day of the party to get it but it was well worth it! She was simply amazing! The cake was super yummy as well! For some odd reason she couldn't find vanilla flavoring anywhere! She was so worried at first til she found a Mexican vanilla extract. It was so super yummy and I will be going back to her!


Okay so besides watching the movie I had to create a little game for them to play. We did Doughnut ring toss! It was super easy to make and lots of fun for the kids to play! As you can see its just a paper towel roll, cardboard pieces and paint! The kids loved it and I didn't have to spend much money at all for it! 


Here are some pictures of how I decorated my house for this day! Me and my sister had to wake up very early to get everything done by two. I owe her a HUGE thank you for putting up with how crazy I was and being able to help keep me calm during all of this. I know most of the details are things that my daughter didn't notice but I was so glad to do all of this for her, she deserved the best party and I believe I did good with what all I had to work with!
 (Please excuse the quality of the photos, I took them with my cell phone.)
Blew up tons of balloons for the party!

Carrot Forks :)

The Food Table

(I know a small TV -lol- but here is where they watched the movie)

A random window in my living room.

Time for cake!

Present table (before all the guest arrived)

Treat bags!

So as you can see it was an amazing party! My daughter fell in love with it all and was so surprised since we had her believing that her birthday was two weeks away. This is a moment I will cherish forever. She had a blast as well as all of her little friends! If you have any questions comment below, I'll be so happy to answer them!

xxoxx
-A

1 comment:

  1. Joyous to know about this zootopia birthday bash. Few months ago, I arranged my kid’s birthday party at one of the beautiful Los Angeles venues. Booked this venue online and arranged a themed birthday for him. It was a memorable one.

    ReplyDelete