Wednesday, July 6, 2016

A Mans Shaving Balm as Primer?!?!?

Hey guys! I have been hearing about using a post shave balm as a primer for a few weeks now. I wasn't sure what to make out of it since thats not what it's made to do. After a few weeks of considering (and finally running out of my own primer) I decided to get the balm. I bought it while getting this weeks groceries with my husband. He didn't notice what it was at first but the looked at me like I was crazy when we started putting everything away. I laughed and told him what is was for and he replied with "It's your life" and walked away. I believe he thinks I have lost my mind!


 For starts it is cheaper then any primer I have ever used which is a plus! It looks to be alot more for your money as well which is another bonus considering I was spending a lot on a little bit! My usual spending for primer was roughly $12. This bottle of it only cost me $6! It is located in the shaving section of Walmart. It did feel weird buying it because I felt like people looked at me weird at first. So my main concern is the smell. I truly do not I want to go walking around smelling like a guy all day.  Plus if it really works or did I buy this to sadly use on my legs after I shave?

Time To Try!

Okay So Here is how It looks outside Of the box. Like I said it is alot more for your money because I feel like I would only use a tiny bit of this to mash my face. There is a "men smell" to it but it is not overly strong in the bottle which is a good sign for me.

Opps I thought the bottle was full of the product but come to find out it's a white bottle lol. It's still prety full of the product.


I am only going to use a tiny amount to see how it works. If I need to I will add more.
Okay so I put it on and it felt really sticky at first. The smell pretty muuch left right after I put it o so thats a huge plus! I'm going to let it dry and apply my face now. I don't know why the ligthing decided to make my face look like I have dirt all over it but I promise I dont!



Okay so Here it is with all the make up on! So it doesn't feel heavy or to thick like some primers do. It leaves my face looking smooth and not like I have coats of powder on which is a plus as well. It seems to work very well so far. I am going to have it on all day today so I will be able to tell you my over all opinion a little later.

6 hours later.....

Okay so apparently I have very oily skin. This stuff makes my face shine and double oily :/. But it does hold tall my make-up on VERY well! I just hate how it makes my oily face appear double oily! Not a cute thing if you ask me.

Final Opinion!
I love the fact that it helps my make up stay on so well. I wish my skin wasn't so oily though so I could love it even more. I'm going to use thid product a little longer because I am out of primer but after I am able to buy myself more primer I will not be using it unless I can figure a way to with my oily face!! I really wish I could love it more because it truly does hold up VERY well! Even after blotting my face at times to get rid of the oil it still held perfectly. I'm just very mixed about it right now!

xxoxx
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment